No matter how small your business is, data is your most critical asset. Without access to your data, your business may not provide your customers with the expected level of service. Your budget may not allow you to get your own complete server system for your business, but you may opt for NAS. NAS devices are rapidly becoming popular with enterprise and small businesses in many industries as an effective, scalable, low-cost storage solution.
An NAS device is a storage device connected to a network that allows storage and retrieval of data from a central location for authorized network users and varied clients. NAS devices are flexible and scale out, meaning that as you need additional storage, you can add to what you have. NAS is like having a private cloud in the office. It’s faster, less expensive and provides all the benefits of a public cloud on site, giving you complete control.
Here is what NAS allows small businesses to do:
- Add capacity in an affordable way.
- Store and access files from any PC or Mac computer using your existing network, eliminating the need for multiple hard drives.
- Share capacity with other suppliers, customers, etc.
- Offer full-proof (RAID) central back up, which can be automated, for extra data protection.
- Share a USB printer across your network.
- Automatically and continuously backup your data to give you peace of mind that all of our files are safe and secure.
For small businesses with less than 50 employees, NAS solution is a boon. With NAS products, growing small businesses doesn’t need a full stable of IT staff to manage their storage needs. They can handle their own data growth, share important data between staff and most importantly keeping the most critical data safe. Its reliable and cheaper, but just remember to buy a second one for backup purposes.